Government agencies collected more data sets in just the last five years than the entirety of data since the founding of the nation! With all that data, how can government agencies put it all to use – to improve outcomes, reduce risk and enhance efficiency?
This conference helps answer this pressing question!
Data analytics involves the strategic collection, use, and analysis of government data sets to improve mission attainment. Predictive modeling involves data analytics to forecast outcomes and identify ways to change those outcomes for the better. You will emerge from this conference ready to use both data analytics and predictive modeling to improve your agency’s performance.
Pre-Conference Workshop: Data Analytics Fundamentals: Collecting, Using, And Analyzing Performance Data in Government
Monday and Tuesday, October 23-24, 2017
What are data analytics and how can you set up a data collection system for your government agency? This interactive training workshop will explore the fundamentals and best practices in creating and managing a performance data system in government and launching a data analytics initiative.
- Seven steps for ensuring your performance data is relevant and useful to internal decision-making and management
- Streamlining your measures and collecting your performance data
- Building dashboards and scorecards with your performance data
- Fundamentals of Performance Analysis:
Descriptive Statistics versus Inferential Statistics
- Managing and Improving Data Quality in Government
Conference Sessions: Best Practices for Data Analytics in Government
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Leadership Panel: How Data Analytics are Transforming Government Results
- Deciding What Data Analytics Techniques Work Best for Your Agency
- Connecting the Dots: Harnessing and integrating Different Data Sets Into Your Analytics Effort
- Case Study: Data Analytics Improving Mission Results in Government
- Deploying Your Data: Getting Senior Leaders, Line Managers, and Stakeholders to Use Insights from Data Analytics
- Simple Technology Platforms for Data Analytics in Government
- Case Study: Predictive Analytics in Government
- Conference Only
October 25, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Conference + Workshop
October 23, 2017 - October 25, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm