Frequently Asked Questions
- What is The Performance Institute?
- Where is The Performance Institute located?
- Where can I sign up for e-newsletters?
- How do I find an event?
- How can I get certified?
- How do I register for an event?
- Is there a registration deadline?
- Can I register now and pay later?
- When is the payment due by?
- May I transfer my registration to another person?
- Why do I have to pay if I cancel within four weeks?
- How many attendees make up a group?
- What hotels are located in the area?
- How do I become a speaker at the Performance Institute event?
- Are your conferences and trainings for federal, state and local government employees?
- Are you part of the government or a nonprofit?
- What type of research do you do?
- Is your conference space available for hosting meetings and events?
- What is your privacy statement?
- I have dietary restrictions. Will there be food options for me to eat at the event during meals and breaks?
1. What is The Performance Institute?
The Performance Institute is a private, non-partisan think tank seeking to improve government performance through the principles of performance, accountability and transparency. Based in Washington, DC, the Institute serves as the nation’s leading authority and repository on performance-based management best practices for government.
Through national conferences on pressing issues, interactive executive training programs, best practice research, interactive webinars and strategic consulting services, the Institute provides cutting-edge expertise in the design, implementation and evaluation of strategies to solve operational challenges, improve citizen services and enhance organizational performance.
The Performance Institute Corporate Headquarters is located at 805 15th Street, NW, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 877-992-9521 Fax: 866-234-0680
Please send all mail correspondence to this address.
3. Where can I sign up for e-newsletters?
To sign up for e-newsletters visit our e-newsletter subscription page.
4. How do I find an event?
To find an event please view a complete listing here.
5. How can I become a Certified Government Performance Manager?
To speak to academic advisor and design a certification program call 877-992-9521. To learn more about certification please visit our certification page.
6. How do I register for an event?
The easiest way to register for an event is online. A full listing of active events can be found on our event page. Click here to find an event. You can also call 877-992-9521 and register with a customer service representative or fax a registration form to 866-234-0680.
8. Can I register now and pay later?
You may register without payment; however, if payment or a physical copy of your purchase order are not received by the time of registration on the first day of the conference, we require a 30-day credit card hold. If payment is received in that 30 days, your credit card hold will be shredded. If not, your card will be charged.
11. Why do I have to pay if I cancel within four weeks?
A $399 cancellation fee applies to anyone who cancels within four weeks of the event’s start date. Within four weeks, we’ve already begun the final plans for the event. That includes the creation of event materials and meal costs. The cancellation fee goes to covering those costs. To learn more about our cancellation and quality assurance policy, please visit our cancellation page.
Washington Marriott at Metro Center
775 12th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
14. How do I become a speaker at a Performance Institute event?
Feel free to contact us describing your area of expertise and experience, and what topics you feel you’d be best suited for.
15. Are your conferences and trainings for federal, state and local government employees?
Yes! To learn more about specific programs, please visit our training page and our events listings for details on specific programs.
17. What type of research do you do?
The Performance Institute identifies, studies and disseminates the leading management innovations pioneered by “best-in-class” organizations. A strictly nonpartisan organization, The Performance Institute serves as the nation’s leading repository of thoroughly researched, documented, catalogued and peer-reviewed best practices in a multitude of issue areas. To view our research reports please click here.
18. Is your conference space available for hosting meetings and events?
Yes, please visit our Executive Conference Center page to find out details about our accessible, state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities.
19. Privacy Statement
20. I have dietary restrictions. Will there be food options for me to eat at the event during meals and breaks?
If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies that we should know about prior to your attendance at one of our events, please contact customer service at 866-992-9521.